Microsoft has a reputation for asking job applicants weird questions to see how they handle off-the-wall inquiries: Why is a manhole cover round? How many cars are there in the USA? How many cubit feet of water pass by a chosen spot in the Mississippi River? How would you relocate Mt. Fuji?
I wonder what questions are asked of those who apply for the job of Job Applicant Question Writer. Here’s what I’d ask.
1. Which came first: the can or the can opener?
2. Who put the lava in lavatory?
3. Who put the mode in commode?
4. Who put the hroo in bathroom?
5. Who was the first to rearrange the spaces of that famous French phrase, “Wet hepeo ple?”
6. Who was the first to describe Kafka’s The Trial as Kafkaesque?
7. If given two choices which would you rather receive: dashed hopes or hashed dopes?
8. Is your dislike of discursive reasoning due to an intellectual incapacity or a highly selective standard of relevance which produces an insuperable indifference to matters bearing no apparent relation to those matters that do interest you?
9. Who was the first to rearrange the spaces of that famous rap lyric, “Uni Ted West and?”
10. Using just a lawn mower prove the existence of God.